Lead is a prospect or potential opportunity; in simple words lead are those people who have contact or interest in your product or services and are not in an active sales pipeline. The process for managing Lead record is completely based on your organization’s function. Leads are generally operated through marketing campaigns or programs.
Leads are the backbone of any business and effectively manage that Leads to convert them into customers is the essential part.
Managing your Leads in systematic and structured way can expand the number of Leads generated and how many of those you have converted.
- For Effective Lead Management make sure your marketing and Sales team work together this gives advantage that no lead is dropped or overlooked. It totally depends on your organization that what steps they are taking for processing Leads. Thoroughly decide your sales process, define when marketing personnel passed the Lead into inside sales.
- For more potential business, capture more Leads through your website or social media and put them in Salesforce CRM applications. Social Media and Search Engine Marketing campaigns are very helpful because customers are already looking for you. Information gathered from forms on your website will show on your Salesforce; use that contact information to capture more Leads.
- Clean the data regularly; because of various reasons like prospects address change, incomplete submission and human error or duplicate your data will need clean up. There are various cleaning tools in Salesforce which will help you making data clear.
- To maintain lot of Leads you have to prioritize it with lead scoring. Categorize the Leads into level of priority and then assign it accordingly to the departments.
- Identify the Lead sources; track which marketing tool work best for your business and enter the source for each opportunity coming into the chart. Using reports and dashboards will give clear view of your sales process.